Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the following vacancy which has arisen in Chipinge Rural District Council.
POST ACCOUNTANT (GRADE 9) Reporting to treasurer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
1. To prepare council’s annual financial statements and have these ready for audit within the time frame set out in relevant legislation.
2. To respond to audit reports(internal/external) within 15 days from the date of receipt.
3. To implement audit recommendations pertaining to Treasury department.
4. To prepare monthly financial statements and Management reports.
5. To prepare departmental budgets.
6 To prepare monthly cash flow projections and the actual funds flow statements.
7. To maintaina loans and investment registers so that they are in place and kept up to date.
8. To supervise departmental staff deployment, performance and management from time to time.
9. To perform any other duties as assigned by Treasurer and management from time to time.
10. To prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly statutory returns and submit on time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
1. 5 O levels including English and Math
2. Degree in accountancy or equivalent 3. Knowledge of pastel accounting is n added advantage.
4. 3 years experience in an accounting environment.
5. Knowledge of Ms Excel.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
An appropriate salary and benefits package will be disclosed to shortlisted candidates. Interested candidates should submit a handwritten application letter, detailed curriculum vitae with three contactable references and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications.
These must reach the undersigned, in a sealed envelope clearly marked “ACCOUNTANT” by not later 11 December 3019 and addressed to
The Chief Executive Officer
Chipinge Rural District Council
Stand Number 858 Main Street Chipinge