The vacancy of a Protection Engineer has arisen at Zimbabwe Power Company based at Hwange Power Station. Ref ZPCHR26/11/19 Qualifications and experience
1. A degree in Electrical Engineering/Electronic engineering.
2. Preferably 4 years experience of electrical engineering/Transmission protection.
3. ECZ registration and/or membership of a professional engineering institution.
4. 330kv switching authorization is an added advantage.
5. Project management certification an added advantage.
Duties and responsibilities
1. Conducts reviews of protection designs and short circuit engineering studies to ensure compliance to standards.
2. Monitors all protection installations during project implementation.
3. Ensures compatibility of contractors designs to existing infrastructure.
4. Assists construction in trouble shooting and problem resolution and provides on site support.
5. Verifies that field modifications will not undermine the intergrity of the design and ensures such modifications are recorded.
6. Participates in plant and equipment testing and commissioning.
Applications with detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of certificates should be received by not later than 13 December 2019 and addressed to:
Senior manager-Human resources Zimbabwe Power Company P.O Box MP 274 Mount Pleasant Harare Or email:email@example.com Or hand delivered to Senior Manager Human Resources Zimbabwe Power Company 12th Floor, Megawatt House 44 Samora Machel Avenue Harare