Here is a full statement from the Zimbabwe Republic police on the required documentation for one to pass through a police roadblock duri g this lockdown period.
Documents to be considered for movement exemptions
• Uniform and health ID cards
• Those in civilian attire, a letter from Medical Superintendent or Chief Executive Officer (CEO) stating the place, dates and times of reporting on and off duty. The contact details of Chief Executive Officer to be indicated on the letter.
• Letters from Company Chief Executive Officer (CEO) or General Manager (GM) stating the place, days and times of reporting on and off duty. The contact details of Chief Executive Officer to be indicated on the letter.Ministries/ Parastatals HQ and Provincial Levels
• At National level, an exemption letter from Directors and above stating the duty, place, days and times of reporting.
• At Provincial level, an exemption letter from the Provincial Heads stating the duty, place, days and times of reporting. The letter to indicate contact details of the responsible person.
Commercial, A2 and A1 Farmers
• An offer letter/lease agreement and an exemption certificate from local Officer In Charge station.
• Supporting letter from the Headman/Village Head stating the business to be done, the date, time, place and an exemption letter from OIC Station. The contact details of headman or village head to be indicated.
Food retailers• Certified photocopies of a Shop Licence and an exemption letter from local Officer In Charge StationSole traders
• Shop licence accompanied by an exemption letter from local Officer in Charge station
Private Security Services
• Uniform, company ID and letter from the management stating dates and time of reporting on and off duty. Letter to indicate contact details of Chief Executive Officer or responsible person.
• Medical cards/prescription and contact details of Doctor where possible.Attendance of funerals
• Concerned relatives to produce copy of burial order to local Police station.
• Officer In Charge Station, Officer Commanding District and Officer Commanding Province to issue exemption letters showing destination and dates of movement to those who intend to bury relatives in other towns, rurals areas, etc.In addition, members of the public are implored to do their shopping within a five kilometre radius from their residence to acquire basic necessities like food, gas and medicine.
The public should also make prior arrangements to obtain assistance for themselves or someone to whom they are related or have a duty of caring for. This includes an ill person whom they are related to or care for purposes of rendering medical assistance or provide for.
The Police are once again reminding the public to conduct permitted activities between the hours of 0600 hours and 1800 hours of each day.The observance of the national lockdown measures will promote the effective maintenance of law and order by police and other security services.