Tragedy strikes after father feeds own son dip chemical

A mother is regretting the day she carelessly put some chemical dip in a Pepsi container leading to the death of her infant child. Allegations are that the mother Placxedis Mafunga was offered the dip chemical from a nearby farm where she had been doing her piece jobs. She poured the chemical in a Pepsi container and left it in the kitchen. Unfortunately this act led to a tragic incident in Shamva after her 31-year-old husband , Passmore Nicholas, allegedly accidentally fed their one-year-old son the cattle dip chemical thinking that it was water.

Accordingly reports, the baby was crying while under the watch of his father who accidentally fed him the liquid from the Pepsi container in a bid to calm him down thinking it was water.The baby’s cries intensified after drinking the poison and his mother came to enquire what was happening to him.Nicholas told her that he had given him the liquid in the Pepsi container and she revealed that it was poison. They rushed the baby to a nearby clinic and he died upon admission.Mashonaland Central deputy police spokesperson Assistant Inspector Fidelis Dhewu confirmed the case and implored people not to put poisonous substances in food containers as this could lead to dire consequences.

Such accidents have far reaching effects and this young couple will forever regret the incident. Reports of people consuming poisonous substances disguised as proper food in food containers are quite common. Early this year, a woman died after using white pest powder mistakenly thinking that it was sugar. There have also been reports of young kids consuming all sorts of dangerous chemicals in a mistaken belief that it is food.

Related Articles

Back to top button