It seems Marshall Mudewe’s injury which made him fail the fitness test is actually the loophole that landed teenage sensation Tinotenda Kadewere a spot in the final Warriors squad.
Tinotenda has been given the platform to shine as he has been playing well in Sweden at his home club Djurgårdens IF. Though he made his international debut during the warriors stint with Comorros in a match that ended 2-0 in favour of Zimbabwe, the Afcon stage is a major highlight on his cap.
The Warriors will leave tomorrow morning ahead of the Africa Cup of Nations final from 14 January-5 February in Gabon. Kalisto Pasuwa named the 23 member team who will represent the nation and head to Cameroon for a friendly match on 10 January.
The Warriors will battle it out with Algeria in their first game before facing Senegal and Tunisia respectively in their campaign to be crowned African champions.
AFCON final squad
- Bernard Donovan Fungai (How Mine)
- Mkuruva Tatenda (Dynamos)
- Mawaya Takabva (ZPC Kariba)
- Nhamoinesu Costa (AC Sparta Praha)
- Mhlanga Lawrence (Chicken Inn)
- Muroiwa Elisha (Dynamos)
- Hadebe Teenage Lingani (Chicken Inn)
- Bhasera Onismor (Supersport United)
- Kangwa Bruce (Azam FC)
- Machapa Oscar (AS Vita Club)
- Zvirekwi Hardlife (Caps United)
- Phiri Danny (Golden Arrows)
- Katsande Willard (Kaizer Chiefs)
- Nakamba Marvelous (Vitesse Arnhem)
- Mahachi Kudakwashe (Golden Arrows)
- Billiat Khama (Mamelodi Sundowns)
- Musona Knowledge (KV Oostende)
- Ndoro Tendai (Orlando Pirates)
- Kadewere Philana Tinotenda (Djurgardens IF)
- Mushekwi Nyasha (Dalian Yifang)
- Rusike Evans (Maritzburg United)
- Rusike Tyrell Matthew Benjamin (Club Sportif Sfaxien)
- Malajila Cuthbert Lifasi (Bidvest Wits)