Provides leadership in design and implementation of accountability, monitoring and evaluation systems and tools for sector specific Technical Programmes including grant funded projects with an emphasis on M&E supervision and technical excellence. He/she supports the Strategy, Evidence & Learning Director in ensuring that M&E systems are in place and relevant quantitative and qualitative data required for regular monitoring and for the reporting is captured/documented and stored in appropriate form.
• Lead in the design and set up of sector technical program monitoring and evaluation frameworks (including program M&E plan, budget and data collection tools).
• Oversee monitoring and evaluation activities including the context analysis, impact evaluation, qualitative and quantitative analysis of program activities, output, outcomes, and impact, including design and testing of data collection tools, data analysis and reporting.
• Provide leadership in conducting assessments, ongoing program monitoring and reporting; provide extensive capacity building to local staff in M&E systems.
• Work with the Quality Assurance Specialist and Technical Programme Managers to ensure that accountability mainstreaming is implemented in all relevant grants and APs in their portfolio
• Develop community-based information systems to serve as program management tools and early warning systems.
• Participate in preparation of periodical internal and external reports to ensure they are in line with program implementation plan and objectives and of high quality.
• Promote evidence based program decision making using data generated from program M&E
• Coordinate, consolidate and document lessons learnt and best practises within the program and share information with relevant stakeholders.
• Build capacity of local DM&E officers and facilitators in M&E deliverables, including designing evaluation data collection tools, supervising field activities, data entry and data cleaning, data analysis (qualitative and quantitative) and report writing.
• Assist in organizing technical trainings, including sampling, questionnaire design, participatory techniques for data collection, analysis and reporting.
• Facilitate and ensure timely dissemination and feedback of available data to appropriate users.
• Participate and provide required DME support in proposal and concept note development.
Education / Work Experience / Key Competencies
• Degree in Public Health, Environmental Health, Social Sciences, Operations Research, Statistics, International Development, Communication Studies or any related field.
• A team player, ability to multi-task and work in cross-functional, fast-paced environments with the pressure of multiple deadlines.
• Good Computer and database management skills, document review and report writing skills
• Willingness to travel within Zimbabwe and work in remote areas.
• Honesty and personal integrity, emotional maturity and ability to adjust to harsh working conditions.
• Supportive of the mission and core values of World Vision. A committed Christian who is able to provide spiritual leadership.
Application deadline: 5 September 2018
For more information visit here.