Opportunity For Zimbabwean Youth:KP REACH National Programme Officer (1)
The ideal candidates must be self-motivated, energetic and highly organised with a deep and holistic understanding of the multi-layered issues facing organisations working on HIV/AIDS and Key Populations.
This is a full time position – initial 12-month contract, with a potential to extend for up to two years. Applicants must either be nationals of the countries above and internationals with a valid residence and work permit are eligible to apply for this position.
- Reporting to the KP REACH Regional Programme Coordinator, the KP REACH National Programme Officer will be responsible for
- Providing coordination and support towards effective implementation of the KP REACH programme in-country.
- Providing CAL with information needed for planning, and programme management.
- Strengthening internal and partners’ capacities to conduct effective programme management.
- Contributing to the KP REACH Communications Working Group (CWG).
- Attending various stakeholders’ meetings including the Country Coordinating Mechanism (CCM).
- Producing good practice case studies.
- Managing the programme budget and ensuring that the programme achieves its objectives within the funds available and the project timeline.
- Managing and coordinating scheduled reporting to meet institutional donor reporting requirements.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with key contacts in strategic partner organisations.
- Developing ideas and projects for formal collaboration with targeted development agencies, policy, and research organisations.
- Contributing to relevant policy debates and discussions ensuring that CAL has increasing policy influence in-country.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Social Sciences, Human Rights or Law from a reputable tertiary education institution.
- Minimum of five years of working experience and track record of programme management work.
- Knowledge and experience of working on advocacy and human rights.
- Experience in providing human rights training.
- Experience in primary research (interviewing), preferably on human rights violations.
- Understanding of the human rights international and national legal system.
- Experience in national and international advocacy.
- Experience in writing research and/or advocacy documents.
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
- Experience in managing computerized information management systems.
Personal attributes and knowledge:
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the Coalition of African Lesbians values.
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the Coalition of African Lesbians values.
- Knowledge and understanding of issues of human rights, social justice, with a passion for community development, understanding and concern for issues affecting KPs.
- Displays strong cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Experience of managing and delivering training and capacity strengthening of staff of differing skills and abilities.
- Highly organised, efficient, methodical and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work alone, take initiative, and manage diverse teams with a transparent accountable and consultative style.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and deliver tasks on time.
- Participate effectively in a team.
Submit a CV (max 3 pages), a motivation letter (max 2 pages) to:
The Office Administrator: email@example.com
*Do not send copies of certificates.
*Qualified and experienced persons from the Key Populations mentioned are strongly encouraged to apply.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.