Launched in March 2017, the Stigler Center Journalists in Residence Program provides a provides a transformative learning experience for up-and-coming journalists from around the world, working in all forms of media. It aims to shape the next generation of leaders in business reporting.
The program will take place over approximately 12 weeks at the Hyde Park campus, during which selected participants will audit classes, participate in events, collaborate with peers, and socialize with the university’s greatest scholars. Participants will choose their own classes at Chicago Booth. Examples of classes include The Firm and the Non-Market Environment with professor Marianne Bertrand, Crony Capitalism with professor Luigi Zingales, and Understanding Central Banks with professor Anil Kashyap
Working journalists who have some years of media experience and are proficient in English are encouraged to apply.
- Reimbursement for economy-class airfare to/from Chicago and SEVIS and visa application fees
- A stipend* of $12,000 to cover living expenses over the ten-week program
- World-class training in business fundamentals at Chicago Booth free of charge
- Participation in seminars and workshops at Chicago Booth and across the university
- An opportunity to write for the ProMarket blog
- Interaction with Booth faculty and students as well as other program participants
- Designated study space
- Certificate of participation upon successful completion of program
- Program participants are expected to:
- Audit 3 classes
- Attend and actively participate in classes and complete all required readings and assignments
- Participate in Stigler lectures, lunches, and social events as well as other events recommended by the center
- Sign a letter of agreement with the center to indicate that the program guidelines and expectations are mutually agreed upon
Application Deadline: October 23, 2017
For more information click here.