The Facebook Fellowship Program and Emerging Scholar Awards are designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering. Applications will be evaluated based on the strength of the student’s research statement, publication record, and recommendation letters.
While open to students in any year of PhD study, a heavy emphasis on research and publication record for Facebook Fellowships favor students who are further along in their course of study. First or second year PhD students who are members of a minority group that is underrepresented* in the technology sector have the option of being evaluated for an emerging scholar award.
Each Fellow will receive the following benefits:
- Tuition and fees will be paid for the academic year (up to two years).
- $37K grant (one-time payment during each academic year).
- Up to $5,000 in conference travel support.
- Paid visit to Facebook headquarters to present research
- Opportunity for a paid internship at Facebook
- Full-time PhD students who are currently involved in on-going research
- Students work must be related to one or more relevant disciplines
- Students must be enrolled during the academic year(s) the Fellowship is awarded
- The Fellowship Program is open to PhD students globally who are enrolled in an accredited university in any country
- First or second year PhD students who are members of a minority group that is underrepresented* in the technology sector have the option of being evaluated for an emerging scholar award.
DEADLINE: November 1, 2017
To apply and for more information visit here