When it comes to salaries, almost every employee feels underpaid and wants to get a raise. However one just doesn’t get a raise. Like a promotion, which also comes with a salary bump up, you need to prove ahy you deserve it. There are industry standards for a basic salary in your field. Find out about them and evaluate with the size of the company that you work for. This can help you see if you are receiving your dues. However there are several deciding factors on how much you get paid. Find out the 5 ways to increase your chances of getting that raise.
1. Share what you bring to the table that brings value to the company.
2. Go the extra mile with assigned tasks and adding in more hours.
3. Give good reasons on why you deserve a raise.
4. Find out how performance is measured so as to meet the required standards for good salary.
5. Keep track of what you do daily including your output and success.