Microwaves are a basic equipment in the kitchen. Microwaves have been viewed as a convenient tool for preparing or heating food. However there are several risks that have been attached to
1. Avoid overcooking vegetables to minimise nutrient losses
2. Before microwaving, check the labelling on the package and follow the instructions
3. If the package is not marked as being microwave-safe, switch to a suitable microwave container
4. Rotate and stir foods during cooking to spread the temperature of heating equally and as such minimise potential for food-borne illness. Check the temperature of food before consumption
5. Remember microwaving cannot magically make contaminated food safe. So if in doubt, throw it out.