The Ibrahim Leadership Fellowships form a selective programme designed to mentor future African leaders. Through this annual fellowship programme, we seek to deepen and broaden our growing network which continues to contribute its skills and learning to a better Africa.
The Fellowships offer the opportunity to work in the executive offices of either the AfDB (Abidjan), UNECA (Addis Ababa) or the ITC (Geneva) with an annual stipend of $100,000.
National of an African country
7-10 years of relevant work experience
under the age of 40, or 45 for women with children
any additional criteria as set by the host.
International Trade Center
Deadline for Application: 15 October 2018 (midnight Geneva time)
Entry date: May 2019
Duration of Fellowship: One year
Location: International Trade Centre, Geneva, Switzerland
This Fellowship opportunity at ITC is in collaboration with the Mo Ibrahim Foundation. Established in 2006 the Mo Ibrahim Foundation aims to support good governance and great leadership in Africa. The Foundation works to:
Stimulate debate on good governance;
Provide criteria by which citizens and governments can measure progress;
Recognize achievement in African leadership and provide a practical way in which leaders can build positive legacies on the continent when they have left office;
Support aspiring leaders for the African continent.
The Fellowship offers a mentorship experience with the Executive Director and Deputy Executive Director of ITC to prepare young Africans for leadership of major organizations and multilateral institutions.
Under the supervision and guidance of the Chief Adviser to the Executive Direc
tor the successful Fellow will:
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of strategic assignments related to trade development including private sect or issues and specific challenges of small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs);
- Carry out applicable research as required;
- Contribute to the design, development and implementation of strategies for effective Public-Private-Partnerships (PPPs) and generation of resources;
- Participate in high-level discussions and preparation of applicable briefing notes and working documentation as required;
- Undertake other duties as assigned and required.
- Applicants must hold African nationality.
- Applicants must be under 40 years of age at time of application (women with children should be under 45 years of age)
- Master’s degree in economics, business, international development, international relations or related area.
- Between seven to ten years of relevant work experience.
- Advanced English. Knowledge of other UN official languages in particular French or Spanish is an asset
Application Deadline: 15th October 2018
For more information visit here. https://goo.gl/H1V7m4