For the crumble
150g cake flour Pinch of salt 90g brown sugar 2tsp honey 80g butter,cubed at room temperature plus extra for greasing.
FOR THE FILLING
600g pie apples,drained Quarter cup sultanas 50 g brown sugar 1tbsp honey 1tbsp cake flour 1tbsp ground cinnamon.
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Lightly grease 1x20cm oven proof baking dish.
2. For the crumble,place the flour, salt and sugar and mix in a mixing bowl well. Take a few cubes of butter at a time and rub into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse bread crumbs. Set aside.
3. To make the filling,place the apples and sultanas in a large bowl and sprinkle with sugar,honey,flour and cinnamon. Stir well making sure that the apples don’t break up.
4. Spoon the apple mixture into the baking dish and sprinkle with the crumble mixture.Bake until brown and the fruit is bubbling.
5. Serve with vanilla ice cream while the crumble is still hot